You don’t have to be a kid to appreciate the most magical place on Earth.
Photo by Chantel Beam/ Graphic by Christina Lu for BuzzFeed
1. Walt Disney was inspired to build Disneyland after taking his daughters to ride the merry-go-round at L.A.'s Griffith Park.
2. The actual Griffith Park bench where Walt sat when he came up with the idea for Disneyland is on display near the entrance of Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln.
3. On opening day Disneyland had only 18 attractions.
4. Disneyland's King Arthur Carousel is older than the park itself. It was built in 1922 for the Sunnyside Beach Park in Toronto.
5. In the 1950s, Steve Martin worked at Disneyland, first selling guidebooks (as a kid) and later at the Magic Shop.
6. Disneyland's Sleeping Beauty Castle reaches a height of 77 feet, while Walt Disney World's Cinderella Castle is 189 feet.
7. The Disney family crest is on Sleeping Beauty Castle; it's located above the drawbridge.
8. Disneyland's Sleeping Beauty Castle is the only Disney park castle with a real functioning drawbridge. The drawbridge has been used twice: once on opening day and the second for the opening of the remodeled Fantasyland.
9. Contrary to popular belief, the golden spike that is located on the ground just after walking through Sleeping Beauty Castle is not the exact center of the park. Rather, it was used to center the castle to Main Street, U.S.A.
10. A time capsule was buried on July 17, 1995 — which was the 40th anniversary of Disneyland — in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle. It will be unearthed on July 17, 2035, which is the 80th anniversary of Disneyland.
11. The Matterhorn was the first tubular steel roller coaster in the world.
12. Yes, the urban rumors are true, there is a basketball court inside the Matterhorn.
13. In the 1970s, Michelle Pfeiffer worked at Disneyland as Alice [in Wonderland] in the Main Street Electrical Parade.
14. Snow White's Scary Adventures features the voice of Adriana Castelotti, the original Snow White.
via IFTTT Click Here to meet women in your area right now online!