Buzz Skull . Welcome to the Brutal Buzz, I am IndieVisible and will be your host.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

13 Things We Learned After Chatting With Residente From Calle 13

Frontman René Perez opens up about the best audience in Latin America, his embrace of the gay community, and the music he listens to while having sex.


First off, he likes his rum with no ice.


First off, he likes his rum with no ice.


René Perez, better known as Residente of Calle 13, a band beloved in Puerto Rico and Latin America, divulges his drink of choice when asked a question from a fan on Twitter about how he builds up the intensity and emotion when he's recording in the studio.


"I drink a little bit, I don’t recommend that," he said in Spanish, laughing. "I like rum, alone, with no ice. I’m not an alcoholic but I drink a little, I get into it, like I’m an actor," adding that the women in his life are actresses and he learned from them to concentrate before performing.


Macey J. Foronda/BuzzFeed


He was a late bloomer with the ladies but then it all escalated -- quickly.


He was a late bloomer with the ladies but then it all escalated -- quickly.


"Diablo, my first kiss? It was late. I was 18 or 19 years old. Everyone had had sex and I hadn't even had a kiss yet," he said. "It's not a good story. But it was my first kiss, my first oral sex, everything. She was a good person, it wasn't someone I didn't know at all."


AP Photo/Ricardo Arduengo


He has an English-language album in mind.



"I want to do that," he said, answering a question from Facebook. "I'm not that good in English, like I am in Spanish. I would have liked to do "Adentro" in English.


With "Adentro" he brings up maybe his most forceful and emotionally arresting track off Calle 13's recently released album "MultiViral." The relentless track and accompanying video has 7 million views on YouTube and serves as a commentary on materialism and violence in rap.


"Here they need it, the rappers, what’s happening in rap is bad," Perez said. "I would like to do something in English, I can do it, but not in the same way. I would need to say fewer words, but you would understand."


His embrace and support for the gay community was supported by his uncle.


His embrace and support for the gay community was supported by his uncle.


"My uncle died but he was gay," Perez said, answering a question sent to BuzzFeed Español on Twitter. "I grew up understanding the gay community, I grew up with my family and he was in it. I have cousins who are gay, my wife has like 10 gay friends, my sister is also responsible for that focus. We grew up with the luck of having an open family."


Ethan Miller / Getty Images




View Entire List ›




via IFTTT Click Here to meet women in your area right now online!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics