Buzz Skull . Welcome to the Brutal Buzz, I am IndieVisible and will be your host.

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Priest Surprises Wedding Guests With Beautiful Rendition Of "Hallelujah"

Skip to 1mins 4secs and try not to become an emotional wreck.


Father Ray Kelly stunned bride and groom Chris and Leah O’Kane at their wedding in County Meath, Ireland, by bursting into song during the ceremony.



The priest altered the lyrics of Leonard Cohen’s "Hallelujah" to reference Chris and Leah’s wedding day, bring both of them to tears.


A video of his rendition was uploaded to YouTube on Monday and has already been watched over 2.6 million times.


youtube.com


Normally local people know I sing at weddings, funerals or when I'm asked, but they didn't know – the bride Leah is from Dublin and the groom Chris is from Cookstown in County Tyrone.


They were having their reception at a hotel about ten miles away and chose our church.


We had the rehearsal on Thursday evening and at the end I said, 'sure maybe I'll sing an aul song for you myself' – Leah grinned and said 'OK sure' but I don't think she was taking it too seriously.


According to the Irish Times, Father Kelly is currently working on his third album to coincide with his 25th year since being ordained.


According to the Irish Times , Father Kelly is currently working on his third album to coincide with his 25th year since being ordained.


He was part of The All Priests Show in Dublin and has performed in the U.S.


“I love to sing, and I love the buzz of performing. I travelled to America and did shows there. I’ve never had to deal with anything like this before, but I’m coping,” he said.


Via youtube.com


He also previously performed Westlife’s You Raise Me Up at another couple’s wedding.



Fantastic.


youtube.com




View Entire List ›




via IFTTT Click Here to meet women in your area right now online!

1 comment:

  1. The resource that you mentioned here is something that I have been looking from quite a time. It is one of the best pieces of writing I have seen. Good job.

    Wedding Videographer Meath

    ReplyDelete

Real Time Web Analytics