Buzz Skull . Welcome to the Brutal Buzz, I am IndieVisible and will be your host.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Listening To All Of Taylor Swift's Music As A 33-Year-Old Man

I think I may be in for some trouble.


Continuing my experiment into current pop music that I have never listened to, I decided to hunker down and listen to all four of Taylor Swift's studio albums.


Continuing my experiment into current pop music that I have never listened to, I decided to hunker down and listen to all four of Taylor Swift's studio albums.


Taylor Swift, looking like she is about to kick my ass if I'm mean.


Mario Anzuoni / Reuters


Full disclosure: I have never listened to a Taylor Swift song all the way through. I had no idea she had four albums. All I know is that she writes about boy problems. I went into this with an open mind hoping to be pleasantly surprised. Here goes nothing.


Album: Self-Titled, released in 2006.


Album: Self-Titled , released in 2006.


Via rookiemag.com


"Tim McGraw": "When you think Tim McGraw I hope you think of me"? Great, now every time I think of Tim McGraw I'll picture you, Taylor. Also, so far this song isn't super memorable.


"Picture to Burn": Why wasn't this the first song? It starts strong and grabs your attention. Her accent is pretty thick on this too. She's really selling that Southern thing, ain't she?


"Teardrops on My Guitar" - Radio Single Remix: Who is Drew? How are teardrops getting on your guitar? Are you just standing over it crying? Again, WHO IS DREW?


"A Place in This World": Eh. This seems like the song she might play at a concert and her fans will be like, "Why'd she choose this one?"


"Cold As You": Were each one of these songs a single? Or is that just the way modern country is written? I also just looked at the album cover and thought, Wow, that's a lot of hair. She must go through tons of conditioner.


"The Outside": I honestly cannot figure out what this song is about. Is she an outsider? Was she jilted? So many questions.


"Tied Together with a Smile": OH MY GOD THIS IS LIKE ONE DIRECTION'S "WHAT MAKES YOU BEAUTIFUL." I'VE HEARD THAT SONG BEFORE.


"Stay Beautiful": I know that she was super young when wrote these songs, but this one has pretty mature and wise sentiment of "Hey, you do you. If we happen, great. If we don't, no biggie. You stay golden, Ponyboy."


"Should've Said No": Who are these dudes she is writing about? Is it still Drew? I hate Drew.


"Mary's Song (Oh My My)": Is she Mary in this song? Or is she singing to Mary? I hope it's the latter.


"Our Song": Cute.


"I'm Only Me When I'm With You": This isn't really country at all, is it? Oh, wait, I just heard a fiddle. Never mind.


"Invisible": AKA The Stalker's Anthem.


"A Perfectly Good Heart": This feels like an afterthought song. Like it was made out of leftover pieces of other songs. Not my favorite.


"Teardrops on My Guitar": Drew again? I like the Radio Single Remix version better, which is probably why this was tacked on at the end.


OK, it was better than I thought it would be. However, this album does nothing to disprove the fact that she only writes about boys and how they break her heart. Hopefully the next album will have some songs about parties and aliens or anything other than boys.




View Entire List ›




via IFTTT Click Here to meet women in your area right now online!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics