Buzz Skull . Welcome to the Brutal Buzz, I am IndieVisible and will be your host.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

16 Delightful Made-Up Words

Illustrator Rinee Shah is attempting to form a definitive catalogue of the words we share with family and friends.


A few years ago, I did an illustration project called Seinfood, and my favorite part about it was that people were sharing it with their friends and family because of a shared nostalgia from watching the show together. I was recently watching an old episode of The West Wing, and one of the characters said a strange word and then said he realized that it was probably just a word his mother made up, and it occurred to me that that probably happens to people all the time.


Gotchies.


Gotchies.


Underwear. (noun) ghot-chees. "He stripped down to his gotchies"


- Maura M., Mt. Carmel, Pennsylvania


Rinee Shah / madeupwordsproject.com


The Quincy.


The Quincy.


A small defect in our bathtub. Like a small brown burn mark (noun) kwin-zee.


Somehow, it became known as "The Quincy." We tried to avoid touching it. I remember sitting in the tub terrified of it. My mom would say "It's just The Quincy, it won't hurt you."


- Robbie W., Riverside, California


Rinee Shah / madeupwordsproject.com


Chicken milk.


Chicken milk.


Water (noun) chik-uhn milk. "As a child I only wanted milk, so my dad gave me water but called it chicken milk."


- Ivan C., Marlboro, New York


Rinee Shah / madeupwordsproject.com




View Entire List ›




via IFTTT Click Here to meet women in your area right now online!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics