Buzz Skull . Welcome to the Brutal Buzz, I am IndieVisible and will be your host.

Monday, February 10, 2014

12 Works Of Art By The Michaelangelo Of Lego

Nathan Sawaya is a New York-based artist who builds who sculptures with everyday objects. He’s best known for his work with Lego.



Nathan tells BuzzFeed: "Tom Friedman's art was a huge inspiration for me when I was starting out. He reinterprets everyday household items - such as toothpicks, plastic cups and chewing gum - to construct interesting, engaging art. I use Lego toy bricks to make art, which is pretty unconventional as well. Also, I love constructing human forms in my works so I am inspired by Antony Gormley."


Nathan Sawaya / brickartist.com



He says: "I'm hoping to be the artist who inspires others now. I'm proud that millions of people around the world have seen The Art of the Brick touring Lego art exhibitions. My goal is to show kids that art is everywhere and can be made out of anything. Making art makes people happy - art is not optional, it is necessary."


Nathan Sawaya / brickartist.com



When asked why he started using Lego, he says: "When I first started creating art out of Lego, it was unheard of. No one else had taken this toy into art museums and galleries. So at first I was drawn to the challenge. I had sculpted with other media over the years, and one day I just pulled out my old Lego bricks and build a giant replica of my own face."


Nathan Sawaya / brickartist.com



"It got a great reaction and I enjoyed making it, so I create more sculptures. I really enjoy seeing people’s reactions to my art for the first time. Everyone has snapped a few Lego bricks together, so there is this familiarity that permits them to relate to my art on a different level."


Nathan Sawaya / brickartist.com




View Entire List ›




via IFTTT Click Here to meet women in your area right now online!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics