Buzz Skull . Welcome to the Brutal Buzz, I am IndieVisible and will be your host.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Out Web Designer Allegedly Raped By Policemen In Ahmedabad, India, After LGBT Parade

“They stopped near a gate in the wall, locked my hands to its iron bars and tried to sodomize me.”


Two months ago, India's Supreme Court upheld a law which criminalizes sodomy.


Two months ago, India's Supreme Court upheld a law which criminalizes sodomy.


In the same month, on December 1, in honor of World AIDS Day, Gay Pride Parades were held in cities across India, including in Ahmedabad.


In the same month, on December 1, in honor of World AIDS Day, Gay Pride Parades were held in cities across India, including in Ahmedabad.


Navesh Chitrakar / Reuters


"I was returning home from S G Highway around 2:30 am on my two-wheeler. The roads were empty. Two cops on a motorcycle passed by. They looked at me but did not flag me down. A little ahead, I saw them standing by the road. They stopped me and asked for my license. I showed it to them. They saw a packet of condoms in the front carrier and asked me why I had it. When I said it was for safety, they asked me if I was the same guy in 'that parade.' When I feigned ignorance, they asked me, 'tu leeti chu?' It was a derogatory way of questioning my sexual preference. Offended, I said, 'No, I am gay'.


They took me to a dark, narrow lane. They stopped near a gate in the wall, locked my hands to its iron bars and tried to sodomize me. They pushed me down. I cried but they both forced themselves on me. They forced me to perform oral sex. When one of them was done with me, I got up to leave but the other dragged me, injuring me further. They were reeking of alcohol. They pushed me down, jumped on their motorcycle and fled the spot."


"I came out of the closet when I was 15 years old. Had homosexuality been legal, I would have had the courage to file a complaint. Also, my attackers were cops. How can I expect any justice from them? There were no CCTV cameras. I was in shock so I went home and bathed. I do not think the attack can be proved medically. I have spoken up now because I want others to know the trauma gays have to suffer."




View Entire List ›




via IFTTT Click Here to meet women in your area right now online!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics