Buzz Skull . Welcome to the Brutal Buzz, I am IndieVisible and will be your host.

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Here's What It's Like To Be The Most Popular Woman On OkCupid

Ready for the train to Facepalm Central everyone?


Meet Lauren Urasek.


Meet Lauren Urasek .


You may remember that earlier this year, OKCupid­ co-founder Christian Rudder analyzed the data on the site from a one-week period in January and found that Lauren was the most popular straight woman.


According to NYMag: "She gets around three dozen emails a day; in the last seven months, she’s received five-star ratings from nearly 8,000 men."


Via facebook.com


It prompted some debate online about exactly why she was so popular.


It prompted some debate online about exactly why she was so popular.


Via facebook.com


Was it her looks, the tattoos, certain interests – like astronomy – in her profile, the fact she wasn't looking for anything serious, or all these things?



What we hadn't really seen, in any detail, was how guys went about approaching her.


instagram.com


On Friday, Lauren wrote this piece for XoJane.


On Friday, Lauren wrote this piece for XoJane.


It includes the lines: "I'm a technology geek turned make-up artist in my 20s who spends my time studying astronomy, watching hockey and sipping whiskey. I haven't ever claimed to be the hottest piece of ass out there, and growing up as an ugly duckling, it was a surprise."


And as Lauren tells BuzzFeed: "When I found out I was 'the most popular' I was pretty shocked and flattered and never thought it would turn into so much attention."


In her piece she says: "I guess it's flattering to receive the messages I do, but, when it comes down to it, it's not really benefiting me."


Via facebook.com




View Entire List ›




via IFTTT Click Here to meet women in your area right now online!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Real Time Web Analytics